Difference between revisions of "St. James Episcopal Church"

From baltimorehistory
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 22: Line 22:
  
 
'''1932, March 28''' (Easter Day)  Moved to Lafayette Square in former Ascension Church (q.v.)
 
'''1932, March 28''' (Easter Day)  Moved to Lafayette Square in former Ascension Church (q.v.)
 +
 
::Current location- 1020 W Lafayette Ave, Baltimore, MD 21217,  
 
::Current location- 1020 W Lafayette Ave, Baltimore, MD 21217,  
 +
 +
::1867 (Hutton & Murdoch)
 +
::1876 Parish House (Frank Davis)
 +
  
 
::1990s Parish center across Lafayette Street�
 
::1990s Parish center across Lafayette Street�

Revision as of 20:52, 16 May 2018

St. James PE, Baltimore: mapping locations

[Current Location of St. James PE https://www.google.com/maps/place/39%C2%B017'56.4%22N+76%C2%B038'07.8%22W/@39.299,-76.6355,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d39.299!4d-76.6355?hl=en]

[compiled from James Wollen and other sources provided by Mary Klein and Mary Miller. The numbers appear on the annotated maps where St. James was located for the years noted. I can supply high definition images of what is shown below, annotated with the locations.]

1824-1826: at Park Street and Dutch Alley (after 1835-Marion Street), upper room; first worship service June 23, 1824 According to Reverend Levington he established his school (Day and Sunday) in Baltimore on June 23, 1824 where he performed divine service and held school until the last of March, 1827, when he moved to the new church at is what is now the corner of North (now Guilford) and Saratoga Streets.

1827-1888: church built on land given by James Bosley, Esq. (according to deed, on the 19th of April, 1825) which was located on the SE Corner of North (Guilford) and Saratoga Streets (March 31, 1827, first service).

1844: Survey- Brick 50’ x 25’
1853 doubled in size by 2nd story

1888-1889: Howard Chapel (q.v.), Grundy Street, now Park Avenue between Lanvale and Dolphin Streets

1889 alterations- (J. Appleton Wilson)

1890-1901 on High Street, West side, south of Pitt, now Lexington Street, formerly 4th or High Street Baptist Church

1901, October 18 to March 25, 1932 (Good Friday) at Park Avenue and Preston Street (Ghequiere & May)

1932, March 28 (Easter Day) Moved to Lafayette Square in former Ascension Church (q.v.)

Current location- 1020 W Lafayette Ave, Baltimore, MD 21217,
1867 (Hutton & Murdoch)
1876 Parish House (Frank Davis)


1990s Parish center across Lafayette Street�